mplayer dependencies on RPM Fusion

Michael Schwendt mschwendt at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 01:11:14 UTC 2008

On Tue, 4 Nov 2008 01:25:29 +0100, Andras Simon wrote:

> In other words, my question is not about whether mplayer really
> depends on those other packages, but whether it should depend on them.
>  And I still think that downloading the rpm file will not answer this.
> (I may very well be wrong, of course.) Browsing mplayerhq.hu
> may. Or asking about it here.

Well, with the downloaded pkg I showed that /usr/bin/mplayer actually is
linked against the Samba Client library. That library would not be
available during compilation if it weren't pulled in as a build
requirement of some sort. The pkg could also contain documentation
files which mention the SMB features in mplayer. ;)

Btw, RPM Fusion runs a list for its users: