Non-kde app launcher in KDE4 F9?

Claude Jones cjoneslists at tehogeeservices.com
Tue Nov 4 04:54:29 UTC 2008

On Sun November 2 2008 4:37:55 pm Mike wrote:
> I must have missed something.... I have been trying out KDE4 in a fully
> updated F9 system.

Unless I'm missing something, what you seek to do is trivial. Right-click on
the application menu button on the left of the panel; select 'Menu Editor' and
off you go. It will lead you into the classic menu display where you can pick a
folder to add your app to and by clicking on the folder in which you want to
add your app, and clicking on the 'New Item' button on the toolbar, you will
open a window that will allow you to add all the relevant information to add
your app to the menu (hint: clicking on the icon for your new app in the
configuration window will open a second window where you can choose an icon for
your app, or browse to a folder where it's located

Is that what you were seeking?

--
Claude Jones
Brunswick, MD, USA