Why is a terminal in F9 starting in ~/Documents?

Steven W. Orr steveo at syslang.net
Tue Nov 4 15:10:17 UTC 2008

On Tuesday, Nov 4th 2008 at 01:46 -0000, quoth g:

=>
=>Steven W. Orr wrote:
=>
=>> Sorry, I didn't think I needed to mention it. I'm running KDE. Those must
=>> be gnome instructions.
=>
=>no problem. i use kde also. no, they are from 'konsole'.
=>
=>my error was in my reply of 2008.1104.00:13:44 utc in that i clicked wrong
=>message and replied to paul w frields post of 2008.1103.21:33:49 utc,
=>wherein he infers his reply was for gnome. i guess he clicked wrong message
=>also.
=>
=>anyway, if this clears up what we did, great.
=>
=>so again, 'big q'. did you correct your start directory problem straightened?

No! This is a problem in the way the X server is configured. The xterm
just starts in the directory that it's started from. It's the server
that's in the wrong directory.

Is no one else unhappy with this?

steveo at syslang.net