Which one is better Ubuntu Or Fedora 9

Arthur Pemberton pemboa at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 20:44:16 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 2:37 PM, Jerry Feldman <gaf at blu.org> wrote:
> On 11/04/2008 02:56 PM, Dave Ihnat wrote:
>>
>> On Tue, Nov 04, 2008 at 12:31:51PM -0700, Craig White wrote:
>>

>>> because...
>>> <snip>
>>>

>> And:
>>
>>  4.  The Ubuntu life cycle is much longer than Fedora, making it more
>>      stable for production environments.
>>

> I don't particularly buy that argument

Even though, I believe that was the major factor. I would be strongly
against an OEM putting Fedora on regular user desktops anyways. Ubuntu
has a much more versatile user support infrastructure, and a lot more
stable pace than Fedora. Both of these reasons lead to me not using
it, but are also good reasons for an OEM (especially a lazy one) to
use.

So Ubuntu on Dells is a good thing. That itself does not make it
better than Fedora.

Frankly, Fedora and Ubuntu are different enough that I don't think
they can be compared at all to say that either is better.

--
Fedora 9 : sulphur is good for the skin
( www.pembo13.com )