acer aspire one - wireless ethernet

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Wed Nov 5 00:12:00 UTC 2008

On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 18:02:24 -0600
Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:

> On Tue, 04 Nov 2008 17:02:09 -0600
> Frank Cox <theatre at sasktel.net> wrote:
>

> > What should I be looking at here?
>
> Here is the relevant section of /var/log/messages when I try to connect.  I
> think I'm in trouble from the very first line.  "Couldn't get connection
> secrets"

I just went to my router's configuration page and told it to "reset router".
Now I can connect wirelessly again.

This is really odd because throughout this episode I could still get a wireless
connection with my other laptop.  In fact, the wireless on that laptop has
always been rock-solid, it just works.

I'm thinking that something in the way that Network Manager handles the
wireless connection is getting confused somewhere along the line, but I don't
see why resetting the router would clear the problem.

I'm open to any ideas.