acer aspire one - wireless ethernet

Eric Feldhusen efeldhusen.lists at gmail.com
Wed Nov 5 12:46:56 UTC 2008

Frank Cox wrote:
> I'm thinking that something in the way that Network Manager handles the
> wireless connection is getting confused somewhere along the line, but I don't
> see why resetting the router would clear the problem.

What brand and model of router?  I've seen an identical thing with Mac
OS X 10.4/10.5 and DLink routers.  If I do a continuous ping to the
router, eventually packets just start dropping until only 10-15% get
through.  Reset the router, no problems.  The same router with a Windows
XP Dell Inspiron and a Dell wireless card, no problems.

Eric