Yum Woes with Python

Seann Clark nombrandue at tsukinokage.net
Wed Nov 5 19:45:50 UTC 2008

Jeff Spaleta wrote:
> On Wed, Nov 5, 2008 at 9:08 AM, Seann Clark
>
>> Wed Nov 05-12:02:44-root at haruhi:distro> cobbler
>>

> Uhm.... you just pasted in the traceback from cobbler... but most of
> the english-ese that you wrote was about yum.  So I am a bit confused.
>
> I'd need to see the traceback from yum to start making any sort of guesses.
>
> This is a 64bit system?
>
> -jef

The yum traceback is higher up in the email, but here it is again. This
is a 64 bit system running Fedora 9.

There was a problem importing one of the Python modules
required to run yum. The error leading to this problem was:

   No module named config

Please install a package which provides this module, or
verify that the module is installed correctly.

It's possible that the above module doesn't match the
current version of Python, which is:
2.5.1 (r251:54863, Jun 15 2008, 18:24:56)
[GCC 4.3.0 20080428 (Red Hat 4.3.0-8)]

If you cannot solve this problem yourself, please go to
the yum faq at:
  http://wiki.linux.duke.edu/YumFaq

I apologize for not being fully clear. After a little bit of review
before that last email was sent, I also found that cobbler is affected
by the same thing with YUM, pointing back to config.py, I believe. But I
can't figure out what is supposed to match with what.

Regards
Seann