A New fedora user question

Richard England rlengland at verizon.net
Thu Nov 6 07:28:34 UTC 2008

Tim wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-11-05 at 11:21 -0600, rlengland at verizon.net wrote:
>
>> I ran into a situation with Firefox where I had an older version of
>> the Adobe flash plugin loaded and loaded a newer one thinking it would
>> over-write the old one.  It loaded in a new location and I ended up
>> having two of them installed
>>

> How did you install them to get more than one?  I've not struck that
> problem.  I installed the Flash player using the Adobe RPM, and update
> it with "yum update", along with everything else.

That's a question I wish I knew the answer to.  I've suspected that it
may have been drug along during and update but I'm certain.  To the best
of my recollection, however, I simply installed two versions from Adobe.
I have also wondered if they changed to install location but I've spent
no time investigating.

I should really keep better logs on that machine.

~~R