dependency champion?

Beartooth Beartooth at swva.net
Thu Nov 6 15:57:35 UTC 2008

On Thu, 06 Nov 2008 15:03:20 +0100, Henk Breimer wrote:

> rpm -qi libthai
> Name        : libthai                      Relocations: (not Description
> :
> LibThai is a set of Thai language support routines aimed to ease
> developers' tasks to incorporate Thai language support in their
> applications. It includes important Thai-specific functions e.g. word
> breaking, input and output methods as well as basic character and string
> supports.
>
> Not very important for a non-thai-speaker
>
> [net at pietro ~]$ yum remove libthai
	[....]
>================================================================================
> Install      0 Package(s)
> Update       0 Package(s)
> Remove     266 Package(s)
>
> Is this ok [y/N]:
> no, of course.
> Remaining question: is this the way 'requires' should be used?

	Thank you for posting that. I've been seeing much the same thing,
for it seems like two or three releases now; and it has always wanted to
take not only a huge number of things, but several that are crucial to my
use. There has to be something wrong: I always remove umpteen dozen apps
having to do with languages I never see, and then have to leave Thai.

	Can somebody at least tell us *why* this patent aberration is
arising?