Error starting Gnome Settings Daemon?

Richard Shaw hobbes1069 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 7 14:39:59 UTC 2008

I just logged into my F9 laptop after some recent updates I got an error
"Error Starting Gnome Settings Daemon". Relogging nor rebooting helped. I
tried moving my .gconf, .gconfd, .gnome2 directories and letting gnome
recreate them but it didn't help.

I searched the web but most everything I found was from 2006 or earlier.

Anyone else having this problem or have suggestions?

I did update with the new rpmfusion repo but not sure if that's the cause. I
reviewed my yum.log but none of the packages that updated on that day jumped
out at me.

BTW, what is the name of the executable or the Gnome Settings daemon? I was
expecting something like gnome-settings but didn't find anything like that.

Richard