Supporting printer portion of MF-4270, was:[Re: Document Scanners that work with F9]

Todd Denniston Todd.Denniston at ssa.crane.navy.mil
Fri Nov 7 16:15:42 UTC 2008

Jeff Maxwell wrote, On 11/07/2008 10:51 AM:
> This is great information.  I do not know if my question fits this
> thread or not, but,
It would probably be best to start another thread, with a fully new (not reply
to this one) message.

>  I have an issue where I have been able to install
> and access an HP parallel OfficeJet printer via the "root" sign on but I
> am not able to access the printer via a local user sign on.  Any
> suggestions would be much appreciated.

take a look in /var/log/cups/ at page_log, error_log and access_log and see if
there is something that make sense there, before starting your new thread.

If there is no info there, then you may have to (backup first and) edit
/etc/cups/cupsd.conf to set LogLevel to debug instead of info, then `service
restart cups`. (hopefully a restorecon /etc/cups/cupsd.conf will not be needed)
try a few prints and check the logs again.

--
Todd Denniston