dependency champion?

Gordon Messmer yinyang at eburg.com
Fri Nov 7 16:35:28 UTC 2008

Henk Breimer wrote:
> I fully understand what caused this.
>
> My next question would be : "what would happen if such a helper program
> for every small lanquage were included in the same way?"

Pango *is* a helper for every language.  Thai just happens to be one
case where the functionality required for rendering their language
existed already and could be reused, rather than requiring the Pango
team to write it themselves.

This is how software is *supposed* to work.  The only problem is people
who *aren't* involved in solving problems are bitching at the people who
have, without even understanding the system that they're criticizing.

> A better solution is needed for this kind of things.

If you think so, you're free to contribute one.