No info when mouse over files/dir's with Konqueror on F9

Nigel Henry cave.dnb2m97pp at aliceadsl.fr
Fri Nov 7 19:03:13 UTC 2008

I've already asked this here, and on the KDE list, but with no replies.

On KDE 3.5.9, when hovering the mouse over a file, or directory in Konqueror's
file manager, I get a popup showing info for the file/dir, and at the same
time, a line at the bottom of Konquerors window showing the same info.

For example. If the file/dir is a link, it shows where it's pointing to.

With F9, I have to right click, and access the properties to get this info,
which if you're checking out the links on multiple files, like I am doing in
trying to resolve a Java problem, it can be very time consuming.

is this supposed to work on F9 KDE4, as it did on KDE3?

A simple yes or no will do.

Nigel.