Hang coming out of suspend

Geoffrey Leach geoff at hughes.net
Sun Nov 9 18:35:01 UTC 2008

On 11/07/2008 02:00:41 PM, Steve wrote:

> ---- Geoffrey Leach <geoff at hughes.net> wrote:
> > ASUS Z84F. When I suspend (with appropriate quirks) under
> > kernel-2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686, half of the time the system hangs on
> > coming out of the suspend, requiring reboot. Things appear to start
> out
> > well, then, before the display and keyboard are enabled, the system
> > hangs. Earlier 2.6.26 kernels and kernel-2.6.25.14-108.fc9.i686
> (now
> in
> > use) work fine. Neither /var/log/messages nor dmesg show anything
> > wrong.
> >
> > Fedora 9 is up-to-date.
> >
> > Before I submit to Bugzilla, (a) is anyone having a similar problem
> and
> > (b) any suggestions for data gathering?
>

> Yes, I'm having the same issues. See my recent message on gdm error
> messages.

Steve:

Thanks for the reply. I checked out your previous posting (at
http://article.gmane.org/gmane.linux.redhat.fedora.general/318262/
match=gdm)

and discovered:

gconfd (gdm-3110): Error setting value for `/apps/gnome-screensaver/
power_management_delay': Can't overwrite existing read-only value:
Value for `/apps/gnome-screensaver/power_management_delay' set in a
read-only source at the front of your configuration path

is in my /var/log/messages on dates that correspond with my use of
kernel-2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686.

I notice that you are running Fedora 8. Which kernel? And which
computer are you using?