Keeping Logical Volume during conversion from Fedora to RHEL 5.2

Pat Allen (pat_allen) no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Mon Nov 10 16:38:36 UTC 2008

Good morning -

I have a HP DL385 running Fedora 9. It has a 5TB Apple XServe RAID connected to it. The RAID device is actually 2 2.5TB devices (/dev/sda1 and /dev/sdb1) configured together in a logical volume group.

I am planning on installing RHEL 5.2 on this system. Before doing so, I want to make sure that I can access the logical volume after the system is installed. I've verified that RHEL sees the /dev/sda and /dev/sdb partitions but I've never had to keep a logical volume before; I've just created them from scratch and restored data to it. That's not possible here because of the sheer amount of data.

Does anyone have any words of wisdom?

Thanks!
Pat

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=302573&topic_id=63713&forum=10#forumpost302573