Fedora 9 boot problem with HP NetRAID 1Si controller

Alan Cox alan at lxorguk.ukuu.org.uk
Mon Nov 10 18:41:39 UTC 2008

> i2o: iop0 could not activate controller
>
> (it stalls here...)
>
> As I recall when I originally installed FC4 it needed the megaraid_mbox
> driver. I sure it's not loading the right i2o driver either.

Thats an ancient AMI Megaraid by the sound of it.

Go into the megaraid bios settings and turn off the I2O support. Its
years since I fiddled with one of those cards but somewhere is an option
for how it appears. With that set away from I2O it'll pick the right
driver and should work.

Actually throwing that controller away and buying a $10 PCI ATA card
might be an even better idea ;)

Alan