Problem with Intel Wireless (iwl4965) on HP 8510w laptop

gvdb no-reply-gw at fcp.surfsite.org
Tue Nov 11 19:04:50 UTC 2008

"it doesn't appear that the problem is with
the wireless directly, but rather the negotiation when trying to
connect. Once I get connected everything works fine."

That's also my experience.
1) If I start up the nm-applet. It often can't connect. If I reboot it connect's.
2) After waking up the laptop (hibernate or suspend) the nm-applet can't reconnect any more, meaning no network.

Things seems to be better now I run 2.6.26.6-79.fc9.i686.PAE...

https://fcp.surfsite.org/modules/newbb/viewtopic.php?post_id=302856&topic_id=63747&forum=10#forumpost302856
If you think, this is spam, please report this to webmaster at fcp.surfsite.org and/or blame gvdb at gbiomed.kuleuven.be.