Do not install or upgrade to gnome-panel-2.22.2-3.fc9.i386

Kam Leo kam.leo at gmail.com
Wed Nov 12 05:22:36 UTC 2008

On Tue, Nov 11, 2008 at 8:34 PM, Ed Greshko <Ed.Greshko at greshko.com> wrote:
> Kam Leo wrote:

>>> I'm sorry to tell you that gnome-panel-2.22.2-3.fc9.i386 is installed
>>> here and continues to work just fine.
>>>

>> Did you log out and log back in or restart your gnome desktop?
>>
> Indeed I did....  As a matter of fact, I rarely use gnome as I prefer
> KDE.  So, I just logged out of my KDE session and when to gnome....no
> problems found.

Thanks for the feedback. It's the mouse driver update that is causing
me the problem. I'm running F9 under VMWare Workstation. The
xorg-drv-vmmouse package was also updated at the same time. I did a
poor job of debugging the mouse driver which I initially suspected as
the cause of the problem. I reverted from
xorg-drv-vmmouse-12.6.1-1.fc9 to xorg-drv-vmmouse-12.5.0-1.fc9 and
restarted gnome desktop but that didn't resolve the change to the
mouse clicks. Reverting to the previous version of gnome-panel seemed
to fix the problem. Upgrading xorg-drv-vmmouse to the latest brought
the problem right back. Now, I have to go to bugzilla and ammend my
report!