Problem installing on Realtek RTL8102EL, Intel 945GC / ICH7 Chipset, Biostar G31-M7 TE motherboard

S P Arif Sahari Wibowo arifsaha at yahoo.com
Thu Nov 13 04:10:25 UTC 2008

Hi!

I tried to install Fedora 9 through network, but I meet a
problem that Fedora installer (or its Live CD) cannot recognize
the integral ethernet controller Realtek RTL8102EL. The log
shows r8169 driver is loaded, but not eth interface is
activated.

Other issue also that sounds controller does not seems to be
recognized as well. Also the GUI when loaded reported that there
was a kernel failure, but looking at the log I cannot find what
failure it was.

I created sysreport of the system just after boot up, which can
be found here:
http://arifsaha.xtreemhost.com/sysreport-localhost.localdomain.20081112174436.tar.bz2

The specification is as follow:

Processor  	Intel Celeron Dual-Core E1200, 1.6Ghz, 800Mhz, 512KB Cache
Motherboard 	Biostar G31-M7 TE Intel 945GC + ICH7 Chipset
http://www.biostar.com.tw/app/en-us/mb/content.php?S_ID=363
Memory 	1GB DDR2
Graphics 	Intel Media Accelerator Graphic
Hard Drive 	160GB 7200rpm Serial ATA
Optical Drive 	18x DVDR/RW Writer
Sound Card 	5.1 HD Audio

Any idea?