Hang coming out of suspend

Matthew Saltzman mjs at clemson.edu
Thu Nov 13 14:58:54 UTC 2008

On Wed, 2008-11-12 at 14:44 -0800, Wayne Feick wrote:

        The X.org nv driver was doing suspend/resume pretty well for me (only
        rare crashes on resume) until recently. Now it fails every time. If it's
        a pre-existing issue, then it has gotten much worse recently.

        Wayne.

I believe the behavior depends on the card.  Mine are

01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro NVS 140M (rev a1)
01:00.0 VGA compatible controller: nVidia Corporation Quadro NVS 570M (rev a1)

Both are relatively new cards.  The nv driver didn't even detect them
properly when F8 came out.

(BTW, top posting is frowned on on this list.)

--
                Matthew Saltzman

Clemson University Math Sciences
mjs AT clemson DOT edu