F9 to F10 without downloading an F10 iso image

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Fri Nov 14 22:42:03 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: F9 to F10 without downloading an F10 iso image
From: Rahul Sundaram <sundaram at fedoraproject.org>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.
<fedora-list at redhat.com>
Date: 11/14/2008 04:30 PM

> Yum update will not automatically update to a new release still. The
> hook to preupgrade from PackageKit is only present for Fedora 10 release
> and even then, it is explicitly a option on the desktop and not
> something automatic.
>
> Rahul

True, "yum update" won't automatically upgrade from F9 to F10, but I was
talking about PackageKit.

There is a F9 PackageKit package that was made available on koji just a
little while ago with preupgrade support. Is it really only a Fedora 10
feature??

https://www.redhat.com/archives/fedora-devel-list/2008-November/msg00613.html