Domain of sender address ... does not resolve

g geleem at bellsouth.net
Sat Nov 15 02:31:10 UTC 2008

[resend]

Patrick O'Callaghan wrote:

> On Fri, 2008-11-14 at 15:07 -0500, Bill Davidsen wrote:
>> g wrote:

>>> mind posting your /etc/resolv.conf
>>
>> # generated by NetworkManager, do not edit!
>> domain tmr.com
>> search tmr.com
>> nameserver 192.168.12.100
>> nameserver 192.168.12.101
>
> This is actually pretty useless without seeing the named config file on
> 192.168.12.100 (and 101 I guess). As someone else already said, it's
> likely to be a reverse lookup failure.

correct, you are.

[after posting, my dead butt crashed after 3 days and 2 sleep periods
 of less than 3 hours. fingers were not following thinking.]

should have been, "mind posting your /etc/resolv.conf of servers."

have a look at them to insure you are resolving correctly.

firewall making a change?

reboot of servers and your system, [i know, a lot of trouble, but.]

view returned message in full view and note headers to insure that proper
address is being applied. also, note error number.

- --
peace out.

tc,hago.

.