yumex error but yum update ran without problem (nothing to update)

Steven F. LeBrun steven at lebruns.com
Mon Nov 17 02:28:11 UTC 2008

This problem was answered on this mailing list Anthony Irven Scott earlier
today (See Subject: "Re: Yumex errors after running Fedora updates", time
stamped in my email as Sun 11/16/2008 4:55 AM).  Now that I have given
credit to the person who found the solution, let me repeat the solution:

Anthony Irven Scott said:
    This thread at FedoraForums will fix your problem.

Following the link to the Fedora Forum brings us to a post by leigh123 at linux
and he suggested trying the following code from a command prompt:

    su

    wget
http://koji.fedoraproject.org/packages/yumex/2.0.5/3.fc9/noarch/yumex-2.0.5-
3.fc9.noarch.rpm

    rpm -Uvh yumex-2.0.5-3.fc9.noarch.rpm

    rm -f yumex-2.0.5-3.fc9.noarch.rpm

This worked for me!  Replacing my current yumex with the newer package
removed the UpdateNotificationException("No id element found") error that
was being thrown by yumex.

--
Steven F. LeBrun

Quote of the Week:  "The objection to fairy stories is that they tell
children there are dragons.  But children have always known there are
dragons.  Fairy stories tell children that dragons can be killed."
    -- G.K. Chesterton