Fedora 10 - no longer rawhide?

Fred Silsbee fredsilsbee at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 17:46:20 UTC 2008

--- On Mon, 11/17/08, Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com> wrote:

> From: Patrick O'Callaghan <pocallaghan at gmail.com>
> Subject: Re: Fedora 10 - no longer rawhide?
> To: fedora-list at redhat.com
> Date: Monday, November 17, 2008, 5:20 PM
> On Mon, 2008-11-17 at 22:36 +0530, Rahul Sundaram wrote:
> > John Burton wrote:
> few days ago and am very happy
> preupgrade).

> > > Just a quick question - I have 2 systems one at
> Fedora 8 and the other
> > > at Fedora 9. When 10 comes out, I would like to
> upgrade both to Fedora
> > > 10. For the 9 system, preupgrade looks like a
> possibility. What about
> > > for the fedora 8 system? If I use preupgrade,
> will it take me to fedora
> > > 10, or fedora 9?
> >
> > You get to pick which release you want to upgrade to,
> when you run it.
>
> OK, good to know.
>
> poc

The question remains causing controversy (I saved the emails)

Can one upgrade F9 -> F10 without downloading the iso and burning a dvd?

The top man in rawhide (no names) told me 1+ years ago that using Rawhide meant

"forever will dependency problems dominate your future"

I have a lot to do outside dependency problems! I am nevertheless grateful that people are working on all this stuff!

Using yumex I had to remove something like "eaccelerator" to get a bunch of php stuff installed so

I van run php Oracle oci_connect in a browser app.