Kernel Timeslice

Steve West steve at cyglan.com
Mon Nov 17 19:45:44 UTC 2008

>> > Probably not quite what you are asking but here goes:
>> > http://kerneltrap.org/node/464
>> >
>> > run for a few seconds:
>> > $ vmstat 1
>> >
>> > look at system|in = interrupts per second.
>> > this is approximately the interupts per second or timer Hz value.
>> >
>> > from the kernel config parameter HZ_1000 etc:
>> > getconf CLK_TCK
>> >
>> > DaveT.
>> Is there ay way to set the ticks without rebuilding the kernel?
>
> Perhaps if you explained what you are trying to achieve people might be
> able to help you get there.
>
> poc
I have an application/service that has 1000 or so threads. Most of these are
TCPIP socket accept and connect. I want to be able to run all the threads in
a second or so to achieve a reasonable throughput. I would like the kernel
to run 1000 threads per second. Right now I think it is set for 100 ticks
per second in f9 x86 64bit.

Steve