good cordless mouse?

Michael Cronenworth mike at cchtml.com
Wed Nov 19 17:24:48 UTC 2008

-------- Original Message --------
Subject: Re: good cordless mouse?
From: Dr. Michael J. Chudobiak <mjc at avtechpulse.com>
To: Community assistance, encouragement, and advice for using Fedora.
<fedora-list at redhat.com>
CC: mike at cchtml.com
Date: 11/19/2008 10:26 AM

> Does the middle wheel both scroll and click for you?
>
> It scrolls for me, but I can't middle-click a link in firefox to open in
> a new tab, or to paste text.
>
> - Mike

Yes, the middle mouse wheel functions. The back and forward buttons work
in Firefox as well.

However, I believe Logitech sets the default logic for something else. I
cheated and used Windows to configure the mouse to my liking, so that
may have something to do with it. It seems the mouse has an EPROM that
only the Windows driver can set. Stuff like the motor on the middle
wheel can be adjusted through the Windows driver, and it is retained for
as long as you have the mouse on (OS independent).