Adobe announces 64-bit Flash plugin for Linux (Alpha verson)

Wolfgang S. Rupprecht wolfgang.rupprecht+gnus200811 at gmail.com
Wed Nov 19 23:26:43 UTC 2008

"Patrick O'Callaghan" <poc at usb.ve> writes:
> http://labs.adobe.com/technologies/flashplayer10/
> See also http://linux.slashdot.org/linux/08/11/17/168212.shtml

They have no rpm and their instructions suck, but the plugin itself
seems to be ok.  I've been using it for a few days.

Here is what I did to install it so that all the users could have
access:

    yum erase flash-plugin.i386 nspluginwrapper.x86_64 nspluginwrapper.i386

    cd /tmp
    wget http://download.macromedia.com/pub/labs/flashplayer10/libflashplayer-10.0.d20.7.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
    tar -xvzf libflashplayer-10.0.d20.7.linux-x86_64.so.tar.gz
    cp libflashplayer.so /usr/lib64/mozilla/plugins/libflashplayer.so

-wolfgang
--
Wolfgang S. Rupprecht              http://www.full-steam.org/  (ipv6-only)
         You may need to config 6to4 to see the above pages.