Jackd Problems -- alsa_pcm: xrun of at least 1227061150613.504 msecs

Jeremy jeremy at autostatic.com
Thu Nov 20 10:16:15 UTC 2008

Hello Jonathan,

To get jack running properly you need:
- Planet CCRMA packages
(http://ccrma.stanford.edu/planetccrma/software/) which are not
available for F9
- low latency kernel, Planet CCRMA also provides these, unfortunately
not for F9
- zero latency soundcard, an onboard card probably never works without
an xrun every now and then

An xrun is indeed a buffer under/overrun and could be caused by numerous
things, always hard to put a finger on it. Could be software, hardware.
Best is to run jack with a light weight WM like fluxbox or IceWM and to
use as little other programs as possible. And to switch to another
version of Fedora (like 7 or 8) for which there are Planet CCRMA
packages available, otherwise it's no use I think.

Good luck!

Jeremy