HOW the "H" do you get the Mic working in FC8, And Skype

Jim mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net
Sat Nov 22 00:32:24 UTC 2008

David G. Mackay wrote:
> On Fri, 2008-11-21 at 17:23 -0500, Jim wrote:
>
>>> What kind of sound card do you have?  I've got one system with an Nvidia
>>> chipset that emulates an Intel HDA sound card.  I jumped through lots of
>>> hoops trying to get it working.  Then, in the process of installing
>>> openmovieeditor, I installed the gmerlin mixer.  Using that got the mic
>>> working.  This is on an F9 64-bit system with pulseaudio running.
>>>
>>> Dave
>>>

>>  Creative Labs CT4832 SBLive,   snd_emu10k1 driver.
>> What and where is the gmerlin mixer ?
>>

> http://gmerlin.sourceforge.net
> It's a suite of multimedia programs.  I got the mixer by installing the
> all-in-one package.  It's a bit drastic, but it did work for me.
>
> Dave

Dave I want to think you for that info, I was trying to compile just the
gmerlin.tar.gz and what a freaking nightmare with dependencies, and when
you come back on the all-in-one, that sure made life much easier.
That is the longest compile I have ever done with no errors.
Boy the guy that put that tar.gz together deserves a big hug.
Boy talk about a Mixer settings, now gmerlin has a mixer.
I got the Mic working with Skype , you definitely  can see all the
setting , real good.
I have been trying to get this MIc working for over a year for Skype on
this X86_64 box
What I don't understand is why Fedora doesn't use this App.

Thanks again

Jim