Fedora and NetworkManager Quesiton

bob smith sfmc68 at verizon.net
Sun Nov 23 02:28:38 UTC 2008

Working with 386 boxes, and getting ready to upgrade to
FC9 on alpha boxes - but .... I am getting perturbed with networkmanager .

Great tool for folks who want things to be simple and easy but
it is not what I need .

Lots of issues with the way this is so smart - doing things it thinks are
right and not what I want.  I have figured out how to shut it off, but
I have not figured out how to avoid installing it or not installing it
at all.

Is there some way to set up the install so that nerworkmanager is NOT
 installed at all?

thanks
bob