F10 Installation bypass NM

Mike Chambers mike at miketc.net
Mon Nov 24 06:10:33 UTC 2008

On Sun, 2008-11-23 at 19:13 -0600, David G. Mackay wrote:
> F10 is about to go out the door, and I have a question about
> installation.  Now that NM is included in anaconda, and pretty much
> required that you give it a DHCP address, is there some way to bypass
> it?  I generally like to assign a static IP on some of my machines.
> Some folks that get the installation media might not have a dhcp server
> on their network, or even a network.  Is there documentation on this
> somewhere?

You can still install via static IP, just not straight up as default.
If at the boot prompt you issue the "askmethod" parameter, it will let
you install the old way and setup networking towards the start.  And NM
will use the static IP like it should.  Did it with a rawhide install
week or so ago and running NM just fine on static IP.

--
Mike Chambers
mikec302 at fedoraproject.org