F9: How to go back to kernel 2.6.27.5-37 and corresponding nvidia drivers?

M. Fioretti mfioretti at nexaima.net
Mon Nov 24 11:40:22 UTC 2008

On Mon, Nov 24, 2008 11:11:11 AM +0100, Marco Fioretti wrote:

> Yesterday evening I had a F9 x86_64 system working fine with the
> above mentioned kernel and the corresponding nvidia drivers from
> rpmfusion.  This morning I typed yum update and got installed kernel
> 5-41 and the related updates for nvidia drivers.  I installed
> everything, modified grub.conf to boot kernel 2.6.27.5-41 instead of
> the previous one and rebooted.

I solved the problem by removing manually the kernel and nvidia rpm
with all their dependencies and then doing this:

> 2) (alternative) what is the rpmfusion URL of the folder where all
> the rpms are kept, so I can download them manually with wget and
> then install via rpm?

with the RPM packages at
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/free/fedora/updates/9/x86_64
http://download1.rpmfusion.org/nonfree/fedora/updates/9/x86_64

The general problem remains, however: there is no way to make yum
install a specific version of a package, no matter what its man page
says.

Ciao,
	Marco
software is used *around* you:            http://digifreedom.net/node/84