how to mount an lvm (thumb) drive?

Dave Burns tburns at hawaii.edu
Wed Nov 26 00:30:46 UTC 2008

I have a thumb drive with fedora installed on it. When I plug in the
drive, /boot mounts automatically. fdisk -l shows the root partition
device is LVM. I would like to mount / by hand at another mount point,
but I can't figure out what parameter to give to -t. man mount no
help. man lvm doesn't seem to mention mounting.  Googled around, can't
find the answer.

I went to the fedora lvm howto
(http://www.tldp.org/HOWTO/LVM-HOWTO/index.html). It tells you about
    11.1. Initializing disks or disk partitions
    11.2. Creating a volume group
    11.3. Activating a volume group
    11.4. Removing a volume group
    11.5. Adding physical volumes to a volume group
    11.6. Removing physical volumes from a volume group
    11.7. Creating a logical volume
    11.8. Removing a logical volume
    11.9. Extending a logical volume
    11.10. Reducing a logical volume

I don't think I need to do any of that. I just want to mount it. How?

Thanks,
Dave