F9 kernel 2.6.27.5 hangs

Sam Varshavchik mrsam at courier-mta.com
Wed Nov 26 03:23:04 UTC 2008

After upgrading to kernel 2.6.27.5, I cannot complete a build cycle without
the system hanging. The machine boots, and runs as long as its lightly
loaded, but inevitably hangs once I kick off a build cycle.

I tried both 2.6.27.5-37 and 2.6.27.5-41. No oops appears visible on the
console. Downgraded to 2.6.26.6-79, for now. This is dual-quadcore Opteron
2354.

Anyone else having the same problem? Any other way to debug this, except for
trying to cobble together a serial console? I don't even recall if this 1U
pizza box has a serial port.