f10: what happened to XFCE?

Kevin Fenzi kevin at scrye.com
Wed Nov 26 16:19:28 UTC 2008

On Wed, 26 Nov 2008 07:57:07 -0800 (PST)
olivares14031 at yahoo.com (Antonio Olivares) wrote:

> >   seriously?  i did a number of installs with the preview
> > DVDs, and i
> > distinctly recall the desktop choices being:
> >
> >   * gnome
> >   * kde
> >   * sugar
> >   * xfce
> >
> >   am i just on drugs or what?
> Nope, I saw those choices too. Am I on drugs too?

This was due to a bug in anaconda in preview/beta... it would offer
those groups if ANY package from them was available on the media.
(This bug was also in F9)

It was fixed before final.

If you tried to install Xfce from the regular media it would happily
install the one package that was on the media and leave it at that. You
would not really get Xfce as it's not on the main media.

Just install the Xfce live, or install any other spin/media and do:
'yum groupinstall xfce-desktop'

Hope that clears things up.

kevin