Preupgrade F8 -> F9 problem

Steve zephod at cfl.rr.com
Wed Nov 26 20:24:11 UTC 2008

Now that F8 is nearing its EOL, I decided to upgrade my F8 system to F9.

 I launched preupgrade, selected F9, and completed the download. When I rebooted, anaconda launched but when X started, after it correctly detected my graphics card, a nVidia 8800, it chose the wrong settings either for the card or the monitor resulting in a blank screen.

I was able to <ctrl><alt> <F1> to see some anaconda messages and after I rebooted again, I was able to boot back into into F8 with no problem.

Is there something I can add to the boot line to tell anaconda to use my existing Xorg.conf file?

Thanks,
Steve.