F10 nfs installs

Norman Gaywood ngaywood at une.edu.au
Thu Nov 27 05:00:12 UTC 2008

I just succeeded in doing and NFS upgrade from F9 to F10. I made a CD
out of Fedora-10-i386-netinst.iso, booted that and at the grub menu:

  - Made sure install/upgrade existing system was selected
  - Hit TAB before the timeout
  - Appended this to the boot command line:
        method=nfsiso:servername:/exported/dir/withiso
  - pressed enter

After answering the question about languages, keyboard and which interface
to use, it managed to upgrade my system without further input.

--
Norman Gaywood, Computer Systems Officer
University of New England, Armidale, NSW 2351, Australia

ngaywood at une.edu.au            Phone: +61 (0)2 6773 3337
http://mcs.une.edu.au/~norm    Fax:   +61 (0)2 6773 3312