F10 NFS Install Query

Simon Andrews simon.andrews at bbsrc.ac.uk
Thu Nov 27 11:07:34 UTC 2008

John Austin wrote:
> Hi
>
> Previous versions of Fedora just needed the .iso file
> on the server for an NFS install
>
> For F10 I needed to mount the file in loopback and copy the contents of
> the DVD to a separate directory before
> anaconda could find it - is this a bug or a feature?

I had the same problem.  Anaconda appends /images/image.img to the end
of the NFS path, which then fails.

This must be a big - I fail to see how it could be considered a feature.

Someone else reported that you can bypass the problem by specifying your
nfs directory in the initial boot options:

method=nfsiso:example.com:/some/dir/

This worked for me.

Simon.