Error on fc10 install ( graphic mode )

stan goedigi89__e at cox.net
Thu Nov 27 17:06:33 UTC 2008

Iarly Selbir wrote:
> I had some errors on try to install fc10 ( graphic mode ) on laptop (
> itautec W7635 ).
>
> Some messages from console (alt+ F3), below:
>
> FATAL: Module dm_mod not found.
> FATAL: Module dm_zero not found.
> FATAL: Module dm_mirror not found
> FATAL: Module dm_snapshot not found

I don't know what these are exactly, but the fact that
dm_mirror isn't found makes me think you are using an
invalid mirror.  The FATAL label means that the install
can't work unless these errors are resolved.  Perhaps
someone knowledgeable can give a fix.

Can you specify the mirror to use during the install?  Hold
down the shift key on boot from the CD or DVD and see if
there is an option to do that.  Then specify a mirror that
you know is valid.  i.e. surf over to it and grab a package.

http://mirrors.fedoraproject.org/publiclist/Fedora/10/

> INFO: Running anaconda script /usr/bin/anaconda
> INFO: using only installclass _Fedora
> INFO: anaconda called with cmdline = ['/usr/in/anaconda', '--stage 2',
I think this was only a typo, right?          |    should be bin
> 'cdrom:///dev/sr0:/mnt/stage2','--graphical','--selinux']
> INFO: Display mode =g
> INFO: Started mini-wm
> INFO: Starting graphical installation
> INFO: ISCSID is /usr/sbin/iscsidid
> INFO: ISCSIADM is /usr/sbin/iscsiadm
> INFO: ISCSID is /usr/sbin/iscsidid
> INFO: Detected 1776m of memory
> INFO: Swap attempt of 1776M to 3552M
> WARNING: step installtype does not exist
> WARNING: step confirminstall odes not exist
> WARNING: step complete does not exist
>
> Some others informations:
>
> Link to machine specifications:
> http://www.itautec.com.br/iPortal/en-US/99b64047-439d-4b6d-9ad0-363e92f5daa7.htm
> Link to photo screen:
> http://picasaweb.google.com/iarlyy/Fedora10Cambridge#5273319191165273058
>
> After alternate to graphic install ( alt + F7 ), only get exit when
> press poweroff button :(
>
> I haven't tried the text mode installation.
>

> Thanks in advance
>
> Regards,

> Iarly Selbir ( Ski0s )

I suggest that you bugzilla this, basically cutting and
pasting the text above into the bugzilla.  Unless someone
can offer a quick and easy fix.  https://bugzilla.redhat.com/