What is the name of the wireless management widget in F10 KDE Live ?

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 02:00:23 UTC 2008

Thanks Rex.

Silly me, thinking it was a KDE widget...

Anyway, how do I install it ?

yum list NetworkManager*
Loaded plugins: kmdl, priorities, refresh-packagekit
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Installed Packages
NetworkManager.i386
1:0.7.0-0.12.svn4326.fc10                           installed
NetworkManager-glib.i386
1:0.7.0-0.12.svn4326.fc10                           installed
NetworkManager-gnome.i386
1:0.7.0-0.12.svn4326.fc10                           installed

If I run NetworkManager, it doesn't look anything like the applet (not
Widget !) that I saw in F10 KDE Live.

The application in the Menu is kNetworkManager.

And ...

# NetworkManager-gnome
bash: NetworkManager-gnome: command not found

And ...
# nm-applet
libnotify-Message: Unable to get session bus: Did not receive a reply.
Possible causes include: the remote application did not send a reply,
the message bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout
expired, or the network connection was broken.
GConf Error: Failed to contact configuration server; some possible
causes are that you need to enable TCP/IP networking for ORBit, or you
have stale NFS locks due to a system crash. See
http://www.gnome.org/projects/gconf/ for information. (Details -  1:
Failed to get connection to session: Did not receive a reply. Possible
causes include: the remote application did not send a reply, the message
bus security policy blocked the reply, the reply timeout expired, orthe
network connection was broken.)

So where is it hiding and how do I invoke it ?

Thanks

PS: I couldn't reply directly to Rex's response to my question because
Evolution wanted me to do a "Post To" instead of a Reply.   I've never
seen that happen before...