fc10 - Logon Display filtering

Gregory P. Ennis PoMec at PoMec.Net
Fri Nov 28 06:39:12 UTC 2008

On Thu, 2008-11-27 at 23:46 -0600, Bruno Wolff III wrote:
> On Thu, Nov 27, 2008 at 22:41:41 -0600,
>   "Gregory P. Ennis" <PoMec at PoMec.Net> wrote:
> >
> > Also, what happened to the option of being able to see each process
> > started during boot time.  I liked being able to see what was being
> > started and any error messages.
>
> That still works. I am not sure how to control this, since when I upgraded
> things kept working pretty much the way they had previously. I believe
> there is a quiet option for the kernel in your grub.conf config file
> that you don't want. I am not sure how plymouth plugins are selected,
> but uninstalling them may be one way to do this.

Bruno,

Thanks for the help.  There is a README file in the /usr/doc/plymouth
directory that gives up the keystroke that allows the viewing of each
started process.  All you have to do is hit the <Esc> button.

Do you have any ideas about the ability to restrict user names on the
login menu?  This is something we would like to have back in if it has
been removed.

Greg