[F10] Where is gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio?

Deepak Shrestha d88pak at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 11:02:01 UTC 2008

Hi,

I am trying to play mp3 in amarok. According to the amarok wiki for
Fedora (http://amarok.kde.org/wiki/MP3_on_Fedora_Core) I need to
install the following packages:

"gstreamer-plugins-ugly" and
"gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio"

"gstreamer-plugins-ugly" was installed when I used Totem to play mp3
files and it is playing well however amarok still can't playback mp3.
So I tried to install "gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio" package but yum
says no such package can be found. Is package name changed?

the exact error is as follows:
# yum install gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Setting up Install Process
Parsing package install arguments
No package gstreamer-plugins-extra-audio available.
Nothing to do

By the way "rpmfusion" is in my repo list besides default fedora repos.

How can I make amarok play mp3 files?

Thanks!