My nvidia driver for 2.6.27.5-117 has a problem...

Linuxguy123 linuxguy123 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 12:46:01 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 19:22 +0800, Deepak Shrestha wrote:
> On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 5:40 AM, Linuxguy123 <linuxguy123 at gmail.com> wrote:
> > I've got a problem with my nvidia driver for kernel 2.6.27.5-117.   I
> > first noticed it when I got a gl related error while trying to run
> > FlightGear.
> >
> > How would I troubleshoot this and where would I report it ?   Is it a
> > Fedora issue ?  A kernel issue ?  Nvidia ?
> >
> > I've got the output from the Xorg logs if anyone wants to see.  From a
> > user point of view, everything looks fine until I try to run a GL
> > application.
> >
> > Thanks
>
> Hi,
>
> have you tried the driver from rpmfusion? for me it worked without a
> hitch.

I enabled rpmfusion and my nvidia driver installed without my
intervention, so I assume that I am already using an RPMfusion
driver.

How would I tell where my driver came from ?

 yum list *nvidia*
Loaded plugins: kmdl, priorities, refresh-packagekit
0 packages excluded due to repository priority protections
Installed Packages
kmod-nvidia.i686
177.82-1.fc10.4                    installed
kmod-nvidia-2.6.27.5-117.fc10.i686.i686
177.82-1.fc10.4                    installed
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia.i386
177.82-1.fc10                      installed
xorg-x11-drv-nvidia-libs.i386
177.82-1.fc10                      installed

>  Driver from nvidia used to work up to my FC8 machine but not
> anymore in F10. So I tried rpmfusion and it just works (including GL)
> without touching any config files. May be this will work for you too.
>
> have a look at this
> http://rpmfusion.org/FAQ#head-fd1e8302e48c606f6e700ff54a164ff1ec52957b
> http://rpmfusion.org/RPMFusionSwitcher
>
> By the way I am using 96xx version of nvidia card.

Could you share your xorg.conf file ?  I just want to be sure I am not
missing some obscure option that allows the gl libraries to be loaded.

Thanks