Assorted F10 problems

David Jansen jansen at strw.leidenuniv.nl
Fri Nov 28 16:11:59 UTC 2008

On Fri, Nov 28, 2008 at 10:10:23AM +0100, William John Murray wrote:

I think I know about 2 of your issues:

>     *) Bluetooth was not enabled after upgrade. Needed manual start.
>         Push pics from phone no longer works - but can now browse phone
To make it start automatically again, run (as root):
  chkconfig bluetooth on
I don't know if (or why) the default state of this service changed; I
haven't upgraded a computer with bluetooth yet (and I think, even if the
service is on, but it detects no bluetooth hardware, it stops running)

>     *) No nice sun on booting my desktop. Just a coloured bar
>             Boot options identical to laptop, which works.
Add vga=0x318 to the kernel line in /boot/grub/grub.conf
The installer only makes that the default on hardware that will certainly
support it (listed in release notes), but I got it to work on a couple
of other machines as well, so you can give it a try.

Dvaid Jansen