Where is Xine !!

Frank Cox theatre at sasktel.net
Fri Nov 28 17:44:02 UTC 2008

On Fri, 28 Nov 2008 12:37:45 -0500
Jim <mickeyboa at sbcglobal.net> wrote:

> I have rpmfusion-free/nonfree.rpm installed, but where is Xine ??

Apparently in rpmfusion-free, as you can see here:

[frankcox at mutt Desktop]$ yum info xine
Loaded plugins: refresh-packagekit
Excluding Packages in global exclude list
Finished
Available Packages
Name       : xine
Arch       : x86_64
Version    : 0.99.5
Release    : 5.fc10
Size       : 1.6 M
Repo       : rpmfusion-free
Summary    : Free multimedia player
URL        : http://xinehq.de/
License    : GPL
           : VCDs. It also decodes multimedia files like AVI, MOV, WMV, and MP3
           : from local disk drives, and displays multimedia streamed over the
           : Internet.

> What got me, it installed xine-lib without requiring  xine as a
> dependency  .

xine-lib is probably used as a support library by some other stuff so it may
not always be necessary to install xine in addition to xine-lib.  In other
words, xine may have a dependency on xine-lib, but xine-lib may not
necessarily depend on xine.