OfficeJet 6200 Series Scanning and Faxing on F10

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Fri Nov 28 17:51:57 UTC 2008

I have F10 running and reasonably well tuned now.

...But I'm having trouble figuring out how to get my HP OfficeJet 6210xi
all-in-one working correctly. This was pretty straight forward in F9,
but has me scratching my head with F10. So far, all I can do is print to
it. No scanning, no faxing.

I loaded the xsane libraries for HP OfficeJet printers, but when I
launch XSane (or try to use it via Gimp), it comes back that it can not
find any scanners. Help!!! I need to scan receipts for expense reports,
so this is critical for me.

Next, I'd like to be able to use the fax features. I never tried this in
F9 - I just assumed it would work since it found the fax features via
the printer setup automatically. But in F10 this also seems to be
non-existent.

Can someone point me to the relevant packages or magic incantation to
make this stuff work?

Cheers,

Chris

--