Still can't find netbeans...

Ted Roche tedroche at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 18:51:59 UTC 2008

Situtation: did a F9->F10 preupgrade-cli successfully, rebooted. Noted
that /etc/yum.repos.d/ contained both fedora.repo, -rawhide.repo and
-update.repo and same files with .rpmnew, so I renamed the .repo files
to .old and truncated the .rpmnew name, ran a sudo yum clean all,
attempted to find "netbeans" with nothing returned. Ran the GUI tool
Add/Remove Software, confirmed the repositories for F10 were listed.
Still no netbeans listed. Browsed to a repo manually and confirmed I
could see the package in a browser.

Finally in desparation tried a "sudo yum update yum" and then started
getting new repositories and could install netbeans - Yay!

Is this "normal?" Did I miss something in the update release notes?

--
Ted Roche
Ted Roche & Associates, LLC