F-10 set specific Xorg resolution

C Lance Moxley clmoxley at gmail.com
Fri Nov 28 22:38:40 UTC 2008

I'm trying to get F-10 to work graphically with an Insignia LCD TV.
The TV appears to only have a couple of wide-screen resolutions that
it likes. One is 720x400 and the other is 1280x768. I can get the
720x400 to work but can't seem to make Xorg output 1280x768 in a way
that the TV likes. I've also seen references to 1280x800 and 1280x900.
Those would be fine but I can't get them to work either.

What do I need to put in /etc/X11/xorg.conf to make it do a specific
resolution and specific sync ranges?

--
C Lance Moxley
http://moxley.us/