Moving from 32bit F9 to 64bit F10: FS

Christopher A. Williams chriswfedora at cawllc.com
Fri Nov 28 23:23:42 UTC 2008

On Fri, 2008-11-28 at 14:41 -0700, Aly Dharshi wrote:
> Hello Folks,
>
> 	I usually re-install my linux box when a new version of Fedora comes
> out. This time I want to move from 32bit F9 to 64bit F10, can I leave
> the ext3 filesystems as they are or do I need to move my data away and
> re-create them ? Thanks for you answers and thoughts.

Just my opinion, but given the feedback on F9 -> F10 upgrades _and_ that
you want to move to 64-bit, I would highly recommend backing up your
data, re-formatting, loading from scratch, and then restoring what you
want to keep.

It will take a little longer, but will probably save you a good deal of
pain...

Cheers,

Chris

--