F10: mount floppy from gnome

Antonio Olivares olivares14031 at yahoo.com
Sat Nov 29 01:00:52 UTC 2008

--- On Fri, 11/28/08, Craig Goodyear <cjhs22a at swbell.net> wrote:

> From: Craig Goodyear <cjhs22a at swbell.net>
> Subject: F10: mount floppy from gnome
> Date: Friday, November 28, 2008, 3:00 PM
> I am not able to mount a floppy using the mount option for
> the floppy
> drive in the Computer folder on the Gnome desktop.
> Selecting the open
> option, gives the following error: "Unable to mount
> location, Can't
> mount file".  I do not get any selinux errors.
> /dev/fd0 is created when
> the computer boots.
>
> However, if I add the following entry to /etc/fstab for the
> floppy, I
> can mount, access, or umount the floppy from a terminal:
> /dev/fd0     /mnt/floppy      auto    noauto,user    0 0
>
> What do I need to look at to track down the source of this
> problem?  I
> have searched bugzilla without finding a related error.
>

> -- fedora-list mailing list

You can fire up a terminal and do
$ gnome-mount -d /dev/fd0
or /dev/fdX where X is 0,1,2,... depending on how many floppies are in your computer.

Many computers nowadays do not come with floppies, but if yours has one, you can use gnome-mount to mount it and the entry will be created in /media/disk usually.

Regards,

Antonio